Thursday 17 April 2014

Travel Makeup Bag - Seaside Edition!

So, I'm off to the good old sea side town of Ramsgate for the weekend! I'm heading up there with my parents and some family friends.

There's nothing too fancy planned, so my makeup bag is pretty simple.
I've got my everyday base staples, like my Bourjois happy light Foundation, Rimmel wake me up concealer and Benefit Boing. As well as some more seasonally appropriate products like my Nars LagunaMax factor blush in soft pink (but if its as windy and cold as it usually is down there then I don't think my cheeks will need any help getting Rosy!), No7 Cream highlight stick, which is by far my favourite high-street highlighting product that I have used (and boy have I tried a few!) and the Maybelline Lip gloss in Cashmere Rose is perfect for the windy coast as its not sticky at all. Lastly, I am taking the Kiehl's SPF 50 sachet in the hope that the sun stays out! Mini trips like this are perfect for using up any samples that you might have lying around as they don't take up any space in your make up bag!

Of course I had to bring just a couple of other bits to spruce up my face when the evening rolls around. I use Mac Wedge matte eyeshadow to add a bit of shape to my face and the Maybelline black gel liner to add some definition to my eyes. I also love the Maybelline colour tattoo in on and on bronze for fool proof eyeshadow application. For nails a clear polish is a must (Rimmel) and in keeping with the seaside location I'm going for Chanel nail polish in Azure, so I can feel at one with the Oceans! Finally a couple of spritzes of the Stella McCartney perfume and I'll be good to go.

Who could forget a pair of sunnies(or two...)! These reflective blue ones are £3 from Primark. Definitely just for show though as they have absolutely no protection from the sun what so ever....But they are just so pretty! Who could resist?

... I am also bringing with me L'Oreal False Lash Architect mascara, purely because it's the only one I own at the moment. Unfortunately it really irritates my eyes so I am on the hunt for a new one. Any recommendations for sensitive eyes would be very much appreciated!

I am planning to eat my weight in fish n' chips and ice cream this weekend!
Have you got anything equally as exciting planned ;) ?
Lola
xx


2 comments:

What did you think about this post? x